Saturday 1 November 2008

Pimpin' your TI graphic calculator

I've had a TI graphic calculator for quite some time now and there hasn't been much use of it as it's only used for mathematic and physics aswell as chemistry. Well, I've used the software TI Connect (The software that helps you connecting the calc to your computer) for some time now and I've discovered that there is a world of calcs all over the Internet! From Games to Cheating in exams (though I highly discourage the last one) programs there is almost everything!

Some of my mates have been wandering around with their calculators copying games from calc to calc so I decided to investigate a bit as I'm quite considered one of the best Computer Engineer wannabe of my school. What was my surprise when I found a site with lots and when I mean LOTS I do mean lots of programs for your beloved calculator! The site is as follows: www.ticalc.org. It has a lot of information on calculators as well as programs and games for them.

The most pleasant games, however, require the installation of a "shell" (being one of the most known the "MirageOS" also avaible for download at ticalc.org) that permits the running of assembly programmed applications and of course those include RPGs, FPSs (!!!), platform and puzzle games! Good luck with your installations and pleasant time spent with your dear calculator!

Regards,
Young Geek

No comments: